This mini challenge has now closed. Here was the original brief:
Show us your take on some place or space for a chance to win $250!
For this mini challenge, we’re partnering with architectural designer and illustrator Jerome Tryon
. Jerome is a highly accomplished designer and illustrator whose work has been featured in Domus, Casabella, Archinect, Wallpaper* among others. He’ll be watching the activity on social media and chiming in from time to time.
Classical architectural design spans from 2-D concept illustrations to 3-D models. In this mini challenge we invite you to explore the D’s in-between. Take us to some place or space -- either real or imaginary -- in ways that go beyond drawing on paper. Use cross-sections, elevations, plan views, perspectives, exploded views, juxtaposed doodles or whatever you want. You can be polished or sketchy. We simply invite you to explore designing in a new dimension.How to enter:
1. Post your submission on Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok, Facebook or Twitter on a public profile
2. Include two hashtags #ReimagineDrawingChallenge and #MiniChallenge5 and tag Mental Canvas
3. Be sure you’re registered
! (you only need to register once)
4. Show us you’re using Mental Canvas by either including the watermark or showing the app interface
5. Submit by midnight ET on Thursday, September 23rdSubmit as many entries as you'd like!
The winner will be announced on Monday, September 27th. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
All rules and eligibility requirements of the $100K Reimagine Drawing Challenge apply. Go to the FAQ
page to learn more.