This mini challenge has now closed. Here was the original brief:
Show us an interesting How-To Drawing for a chance to win $250
(or a year of a Pro plan subscription to Mental Canvas - your choice!)
For this mini challenge, we’re partnering with artist, designer, and teacher Peter Han
to reimagine the how-to illustration! Peter is an accomplished entertainment and concept designer who graduated from Art Center College of Design. His client list includes Sony, Konami, Cheyenne Mountain, Trion, Vivendi Universal, and many more. His titles include Warhawk, Spyro the Dragon, Stargate Worlds, Silent Hill Experience, and Defiance. Peter will be chiming in with comments on social media as this mini challenge proceeds.
The how-to illustration should use visuals alone to present step-by-step instructions. Some examples include “How to fly a kite,” “How to make coffee,” or “How to assemble Ikea furniture.” But you don't need to be limited to the real world; you're welcome to show us something fantastical. Perhaps you’d like to take to show us “How to ride a dragon, or “Fly a spaceship,” or “Travel in time.” Any task is fair game.
How to enter:
1. Post it on Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok, Facebook or Twitter on a public profile
2. Include two hashtags #ReimagineDrawingChallenge and #MiniChallenge4 and tag Mental Canvas
3. Be sure you’re registered
! (you only need to register once)
4. Show us you’re using Mental Canvas by either including the watermark or showing the app interface
5. Submit by midnight ET on Friday, September 10th Submit as many entries as you'd like!
The winner will be announced on Tuesday, September 14th. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
All rules and eligibility requirements of the $100K Reimagine Drawing Challenge apply. Go to the FAQ
page to learn more.